Thank you for your interest in Care Net Pregnancy Center of Frederick. Care Net was incorporated in 1984 as the Frederick County Crisis Pregnancy Center. We are one of more than 1,000 Care Net affiliates currently operating in the United States and Canada (www.care-net.org). Care Net was organized in 1975, two years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in Roe v. Wade. First known as the Christian Action Council, Care Net was founded by well-known theologian and sanctity of human life advocate Dr. Harold O.J. Brown with the encouragement and advice of Dr. C. Everett Koop, former U.S. Surgeon General, and the late Christian apologist, Francis Schaeffer. All Care Net pregnancy centers are committed to serving women in need with care & integrity, and to sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Care Net Pregnancy Center of Frederick is a Christian ministry that provides a caring, safe environment for women facing unexpected pregnancy. We offer alternatives to abortion by providing physical, emotional, and spiritual support to women and their families. In 2004, the Frederick Care Net Center began the process of converting to a medical clinic.
We currently offer limited obstetrical ultrasounds in addition to all of our other services! In 2009, we served more than 700 families in the Frederick area by providing pregnancy tests, ultrasounds, peer counseling, spiritual guidance, post-abortion care, material assistance, and community referrals. The ministry of Care Net Pregnancy Center of Frederick is based on relationships. As we earn trust and build relationships with each woman who comes for help, our hope is to impact her life with the love of Christ that will truly set her free to make life-affirming decisions for herself and her unborn child.
Care Net is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, charitable organization that is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of a diverse group of individuals who have a passion for the sanctity of human life and a desire to extend God’s love to hurting women and their families. All of our services are confidential and provided free of charge by 45 trained volunteers and six paid staff.
The Frederick Care Net Center’s FY 2010 budget is $298,082. We are funded by private donations from individuals, more than 60 churches and ministries, businesses, and other organizations. Additionally, the Center is a member of Community Health Charities of Maryland (www.chcmd.org).
- Community Based Abstinence Education Program
- STI testing & treatment
- Maryland has some of the most liberal abortion laws in the U.S.
- Maryland abortion rate ranks third in the nation (NJ ranks 1st; NY ranks 2nd, based on Care Net National data)
- Maryland has the 5th highest teenage abortion rate in the U.S. (Guttmacher)
- Maryland has no mandatory, enforceable reporting laws (Guttmacher)
- Currently 42 abortion providers are operating in the state of Maryland
- Care Net is located 4 blocks from the only abortion clinic in Frederick (where abortions are performed up to 24 weeks)
- 40 million unborn children have lost their lives and multitudes of women and their families have suffered the emotional, physical, and spiritual impact of abortion
- Research indicates that women who have experienced an abortion have increased risk for depression, breast cancer, premature births with subsequent pregnancies
- Seven out of ten women seeking abortion identify themselves as either Protestant or Catholic
- Nine out of ten women who chose abortion say they would have chosen differently had positive alternatives been available
For more information on abortion statistics and regulations in the state of Maryland, please visit: www.mdrtl.org.